Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Post 06

Post 06: A hobby you have.

Hmm. This is a tough one. Actually Andrew and I were just talking about this yesterday. While discussing the things that we were sacrificing for Lent, Andrew came to an astonishing conclusion. I don't have a life, let alone a hobby. I wish I were joking, but I'm not. When reviewing the things I do in my free time, I came up with.. catching up on my DVR, sleeping, and cleaning. I highly doubt any of those qualify as a hobby. *Sigh* I suppose I'll just have to be No-Hobby Jane for now.

Seriously though, while everyone around me is giving up their drinking, clubbing, party-hard ways, I'm left thinking.. what in my life do I do too much and should stop to better my life? My mind is blank. After thinking up some common faults, ie. eating too much red meat, drinking soda, drinking alcohol, going out on the town too much (none of which I do) I came to the conclusion that maybe it's not about what you do that you can sacrifice. Maybe it is about just getting into a better, more pure state. Therefore, instead of giving something up, I taking something up. For the next 40 days, I am going to... get in the habit of not running late. Andrew is a stickler for getting places on time, so he should be a great influence.

No comments:

Post a Comment